Call Our Intervention Team at (510) 544-8118 and Find Help Now!
Our facility has been offering services to the people of Oakland, CA for over a decade. We know that staging an intervention is the most effective strategy to convince an addict in Oakland, CA to go to rehab (rehabilitation treatment programs). There may be someone in your life who you think may be hooked on drugs or alcohol, someone who isn’t how you remember on account of their habit, an intervention is a great place to start out helping them into recovery. Addiction is scary for both the addict and the addict’s friends and family. You might be asking yourself, “How can I help my friend get clean once more,” and “What is my role in getting my family member clean?” It is irritating to be used by the addict, and having to watch as people encourage the addict with codependent behavior. You can’t be afraid of confrontation: fear can’t prevent you from taking action. Call our team at (510) 544-8118 for information about interventions and how to coordinate one.
What’s an Intervention?
An intervention can be as simple as asking the person to quit their habits or is an event that’s extremely organized, and seeks to motivate the addict to enter a rehab facility and treat their dependency problems. People in Oakland, CA who care about the addict, like family, teachers, loved ones, and clergy, should join forces to meet with the drug abuser regarding the ramifications of their drug abuse. Intervention members should encourage him or her to journey into rehab. Interventions are directed to offer the substance abuser the opportunity to get assistance and save his or her own life. Sometimes the addict doesn’t comprehend the severity of his or her drug problems. While in self-denial, the substance abuser in Oakland, CA is simply unwilling to accept rehab treatment. There are a couple of subjects that need to be talked upon during an intervention, like:
- specific examples of hurtful behavior and the way drugs have harmed the addict and their loved ones
- the rehab plan along with goals and procedures that the addict is expected to follow
- what every member of the intervention will do as a result of the addict not complying with rehabilitation or treatment center
There are four sorts of interventions: simple, crisis, classical, and family system.
- A simple intervention is literally ‘simply’ asking the subject to quit their self-destructive addiction, and before another, more nuanced intervention is tried, a simple intervention must first be used.
- Classical interventions direct target the single individual, the objective being that he or she at that very moment will agree to enter treatment because of this intervention.
- A crisis intervention is used to defuse extremely hazardous and precarious situations, like reckless driving, domestic violence, or severe drug abuse.
- Family system interventions require the presence of all the family members. This meeting convinces everybody to stop their damaging behaviors, and since addiction and domestic violence often originate from socially dysfunctional living environments: everyone involved must change their behaviors.
What Is the Difference Between an Intervention and Rehabilitation?
Although each portion is necessary for the whole recovery process, it’s imperative to note that there is a major difference between an intervention and therapy. Our team encourages the addict’s friends, family members, and other people in Oakland, CA who care for him or her to hold an intervention, the goal of which is primarily to sway the addict to get rehab treatment for his or her disease. Intervention is NOT the whole rehab process, and definitely is not enough to stop the addict from further abusing drugs or alcohol. At rehab centers like ours, the addict is initially taught about the illness responsible for drug and alcohol abuse. Afterwards methods to manage long term recovery are introduced, and finally what triggers their need to drug use is revealed. We suggest that an addict will ideally agree to enroll in a rehab program on the very same day as their intervention.
For Immediate Assistance, Call Our Intake Team As Soon As Possible!
Standing by as a loved one goes through struggles of substance addiction is often troubling and worrisome. Sometimes, an intervention involves an organized and combined effort by family and friends. In order to find an interventionist, secure a rehab site, or talk about substance abuse in general, contact our team right away. Please get the family member the assistance he or she so desperately need, call (510) 544-8118 now!